Deadline: 31 August 2014
Open to: journalists and writers interested in the NGO sector from any country
Benefits: published work
“NGO MAGAZINE” is an electronic magazine fully dedicated to the non-governmental sector of Macedonia and beyond.The co-founders of the magazine are European Center SN7 and the Center for Education and Development (CED). The primary purpose of the “NGO MAGAZINE” is media coverage of the non-governmental sector, facilitating communication between NGOs, stimulating young journalists and distributing information and news about the activities of various NGOs.
European Center SN7 is a non-governmental, non-profit and independent organization. Established in 2010, with headquarters in Tetovo, it works and operates throughout the territory of the Republic of Macedonia. The organization’s main objects are promoting European values in Macedonian society, youth development and leadership, developing local, regional and international cooperation, rule of law, respecting cultural differences, and developing programs for promoting education, among others.
The editorial staff of the “NGO MAGAZINE” is interested in gathering together all possible external contributions (papers and articles) for the seventh issue of the magazine. The submitted papers/articles should preferably be from the areas of:
- Horizon 2020 – funding opportunities for NGOs;
- Capacity building for local NGOs;
- Promoting good governance through civil society;
- Environmental volunteering: motivations and barriers;
- Youth development: experience and challenges;
- NGO – Business partnerships in social development;
- NGO’s and building effective networks;
- What is the youth leadership?;
- Profile of your organization: history, mission, vision, projects;
- Other articles related to the NGO sector.
The deadline for sending the papers/articles is 31 August 2014. Please ensure your submission matches the following technical requirements for submitting papers:
- Papers/articles should be up to 2 pages in Microsoft Word (Calibri 12, 1.5 lines spacing);
- Papers/articles should be original and not previously published;
- Papers/articles should be written in correct standard English.
- The papers/articles should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with full contact details (e-mail, phone and postal address).
The magazine’s editorial staff has the right not to publish certain papers/articles if they are against journalistic ethics or fail to meet the technical requirements. “NGO MAGAZINE” will be distributed in electronic form completely free of any charge and will not provide financial compensation for authors of the papers/articles.
Please direct your questions to the organizers at:
European Center SN7
1200 Tetovo, Rep. of Macedonia
Phone: 00 389 70 523 764